Saturday 3 January 2015

Whys and Wherefores

During this year: 2015, I will celebrate my 40th birthday.
Some friends are doing forty things in their 40th year, which is wonderful for them, but I would struggle to come up with enough ideas in time for my birthday, let alone actually do them.
I am also currently making more of an effort to be kind to myself, and setting myself a list of things to achieve in a limited time would make me prone to feeling a failure: obviously not a kind thing to do.
So instead, I chose to do something that I enjoy; and to manage as much of it as I can this year.  I will probably continue long in to my quadragenarian years: I certainly hope so anyway!
I want to walk around, (or as close to 'around' as is legally possible,) as many lakes in the Lake District as I can.
When I'm in The Lakes, the beauty permeates my mood. The stress I may have been feeling only an hour previously, seeps away and I feel so much more at ease about life.  It really is a magical* place.(*sorry to my Christian friends, I do, of course, mean 'spiritual' or 'blessed' or something.  The truth is that I can't find words which do justice to the sights of The Lakes, nor the feelings they inspire; definitely spiritual or reaching the soul, I just can't manage the prose to match my meaning.)
So enough by way of introduction, I am now off in my quest to find Lakes, Tarns, Meres, Waters and information about walks around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment