Wednesday 14 January 2015

Planning is afoot....

Things have slowed down a little in the walk planning of late: life is never straightforward is it? I have had so many things to do over the last couple of weeks that thinking about the Lakes has taken somewhat of a back seat.
Although there was one evening when I spent so much time on-line researching different walks around various combinations of lakes that I felt close to full brain capacity.  I stepped away from the computer when I realised that I had over 10 tabs open and 2 of them were the same page... which I was about to open a third time.

What I *have* managed to arrange is the date of the first walk - it's next month. I was more than a bit disgruntled to realise I wasn't going to manage any Lake Viewing this month; but then The Weather arrived (sideways) and I am now quite smug instead of disgruntled.

And my wonderful husband and personal graphic designer has printed me a map off t'internet, which I have duly pored over, labelled in my own fair hand, and stuck to the wall in the kitchen.


I have also purchased a book! Which automatically makes me an expert, no? I've already drooled over some of the pictures in it, making me twitchy to go and see the scenery for real, but then I listen to the (sideways) weather outside and remember to be smug.


What else? Well I can cross one lake off my list: because I've decided not to go ;-)

When investigating Wet Sleddale, the views seemed to match the name: a bit of a wet sleddale.
The first photo I saw (when compiling my 'not a list' list) looked lovely:



Then on closer inspection it looked a bit, well, dull:

  

So Mr. Sleddale, apologies, but I'm a shallow gal, and this is all about appearance. I've looked at your profile and I just didn't feel a connection. Sorry, but it's a 'no' from me.

(Plus, this particular reservoir is off the right hand edge of my map-on-the-kitchen-wall. So it was obviously not meant to happen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment