Tuesday 12 May 2015

My birthday weekend walk with the girls - April 2015

My yummy lemon and raspberry cake
In order to maximise celebration of turning 40 (which is, after all, what this blog was set up to share with the world), 5 girlfriends and I went to stay in the Lakes for the weekend.  We stayed in a friend of a friend's house not far from Troutbeck, with absolutely stunning views.
Windermere visible from the lounge
From my bedroom
Sunset from the dining room
Told you it was stunning! 

I won't bore you with the details of our eating and drinking, oh actually I might show you the inside of the cake...
*salivates on keyboard*
...but I am happy to bore the pants off you by showing you photos from our walk on Saturday 18th April ;-)

There were many many lambs sighted over the weekend - gambolling and *everything*
I'd worked out a circuitous route from the house itself, so that no-one had to drive anywhere.  The weather was gorgeous sunshine. Apart from one relatively steep incline, the rest of the walk was beautifully pleasant, with some fabulous views.






Windermere in shot... we're a bit higher up than the house here

I told you there were loads of lambs ;-)





Dubbs reservoir - not the most attractive of the lakes, but still pretty in the sunshine










Of course we had to stop for refreshment once we reached Troutbeck

And delicious is was too. Not sure mine touched the sides to be honest...


The beautiful women with me
To wrap up, I'll end with some more snaps from the house after the walk...
Trying out the zoom...

Another day, another amazing sunset


How we spent our time recovering from a day of walking... drinking G&Ts and colouring in. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

 ...and then the morning we left. (I had to be wrenched out of the sofa in the lounge where I was drinking in the view for as long as possible). 


 
Yes, they do all incorporate the same barn... but I'd taken so many photos of Windermere previously, that I focussed in the other direction on the Sunday morning!  It's a good job for the owners of Langdale Lodge that the skies were a bit greyer... had the sun been out again I would still be there now, clutching whatever surface I could grip, in order not to be removed.  

A true idyllic haven of a weekend.  I plan to do it again :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment